Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lakedale 2012

It was perhaps the most dramatic Rose Ceremony Camping Trip yet.
We had grown up tears, a kid with nocturnal emesis, bike crashes, long talks about life and love and the pursuit of happiness outside of the LA Area, and two dead car batteries. 
For next year, The Council has decided to take a vote before allowing pregnant campers to spend the night. I'm sure that our pregnant camper felt forced to stay...she was. I think we had to hide her keys, let her dog run amok, and strand her other kid in the lake to keep her there longer. I can't figure out why she even thought she should come at the height of First Trimester hormones (maybe because I begged her), but the Ferry was expensive and nobody wanted her to waste the fare.

For all the complaining we do about the set up, tear down, and kids waking up at the crack of dawn, we seem to manage a great time. For the record, we know we could probably scale down on our "necessities", but if the ball tent had kept Carson contained it would have been the most useful item Meg packed.

Meg and Katie, I know I have to trick you in to doing it again each year, but I swear you both just like to listen to me grovel and whine and tell you how nobody can make me laugh the way you both do. Geez, I'm pretty pathetic. Whatever works.
Aleah and Kelli, I can't figure out why you are both so willing to repeat history, but I love you for it. I need you two to help me convince the other two that we really are having fun. (We are having fun, right?) Finn loves you for it too, Kelli. In fact, Finn loves Kelli for everything about her. Finn plain old loves Kelli. 


I know I said that I was resigning as Camp Director, but nobody else wants the job. I booked Fort Worden for next August. Mark your calendars. NO excuses. You are all going. (Katie, you're still on probation. But, I think you prefer it like that.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for being my friend after I cried in the tent, thought awful things when my air mattress deflated and was a general pain in the ass.

I'm in a happy hormone place now and camping sounds fabulous.

Lucky for the rest of you, I know better that post-partum I'm a real bitch, so I will just face-time you in Ft.Warden.