Tuesday, May 25, 2010

COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!

I’ve mentioned that I was a contestant on Price Is Right, right?

Its one of those interesting facts about myself that I like to throw around. Want to know some others? Ok, Ummmmm, ummmmmm, I can’t burp. A Past Life Regressionist once told me that I was Charles Lindbergh’s flying buddy in a past life. Yep, that’s it.

The story goes like this. I planned an outing for a group of nurses I worked with at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Everyone gets interviewed as a possible Contestant before entering the show. I guess they just saw something they liked when they met me. What can I say. OK, I was 36 weeks pregnant with Niamh, I was dressed in scrubs, and I was the one who organized the group.

I was NOT expecting to be called. I did NOT want to be called. I saw myself as a huge liability running down the aisle if called. But, guess what. I got called.

I’m pretty sure You Tube is going to take the video off due to copyright so hurry and view!

I didn’t win but I got some nice parting gifts which I sold on ebay.  I also have a sweet autographed photo of Bob Barker on my refrigerator. It was totally worth it.

5 comments:

... said...

You have the best luck ever!
I've been jealous of this for a looong time...
And, DUH, that boat was over 1000K, you should of been studying for months before you went on....

Loosy said...

OMG. Can we talk about this in great detail in person please? You look FAB on TV and you're uber prego and your in scrubs...Biatch.

Julie said...

I bet Bob was really disappointed you didn't make it up to the stage to give him a peck on the cheek.
You are so fricking adorable. Of course you have all the luck. You deserve it.

AL said...

Did he say $5600? I was so with you at $1000 for that piece of crap. But then you would have a crappy boat in your yard....oh wait, I have a crappy boat in my yard, doh!

Maria said...

i cant believe this. i never thought i would know someone who was actually on the show. lucky indeed!