Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hallo

"HALLO!" 
That's what my dad says whenever he greets someone.
"Hallo!" 
He has an Irish accent but I'm not sure that has anything to do with how he says "Hallo!" 
How my dad says "Hallo" has nothing to do with this post either. This post is about HALLOween. You can see how I got sidetracked.

The morning of Halloween, I got in trouble with Finn for not having any decorations up. Specifically, he wanted spider webs on our front door like the Berrymans have. I told him that I don't really have Halloween decorations to put up. Then he screamed at me, But our house isn't SPOOKY! Then I screamed back, Really? Because I'm terrified every time I pull in to the driveway or open the front door! 
Then, I calmly reminded him that Halloween isn't about decorations and spook. Its about him getting candy from our neighbors, and me peeking inside their homes at their room decor when they open their doors. He agreed, our fight ended, he went to school, I thought about going to Archie McPhee's for spider webs, I got distracted again, then it was 3:30 and I had to pick the two up from school. Spider webs are definitely on my packing list for next year.
Here we go, the prep.



Our neighbor, Erin, had us and our posse of neighbor-friends over for a spaghetti feast before hitting the pavement. Thanks, Erin! Finn kept worrying about his lipstick as he ate his spaghetti.


Then off we went to take treats from neighbors and check out their entry rooms.

Kieran-Fire Truck and Fireman, Anjali-Box of Popcorn, Ella-Ballerina, Niamh-Devil, Rosie-Butterfly, Finn-Vampire, Neighbor Finn-Pirate

The loot was impressive (and so was the crown molding).



This last photo was taken moments before Finn went in to a hyperglycemic coma...but his lipstick was still in place.

The kid costumes were ok, but the real star of the show was....


LEGO MAN!


In his Lego Man Costume, Steve experienced what it would be like to be Cinderella at Disneyland. Children unknown to us would hug Steve and gaze up at him like they were in love. I think it was the most admiration Steve has ever received. I hope he enjoyed it.


Peace Out, Man. I'm going to go check Target for spider webs on sale.



2 comments:

Alanna said...

The kids look great! Niamh looks like she has aged at least 2 years since I saw her last! I had to chuckle at the candy piles, Ashling sorted hers exactly the same way. :-)

Meg said...

You crack me up! I am NEVER EVER scared when I walk into your house. It's the least spooky thing I can think of. Except I am nervous to spill on your couch.
Steve's costume was award winning.
Niamh's was very fitting:).
And Finn's lipstick looks smashing.