Thursday, October 15, 2009

They're Alive!

Remember when you thought that your toys came to life while you were sleeping? That they could really see and hear you? That they really had feelings? When I got to a certain age I stopped undressing in front of my Teddy Bear...weird, I know. I asked my mom to return the Cabbage Patch doll she bought me because I didn't want that same Teddy Bear to get jealous. There is a photo, somewhere in the archives, of me at a Cabbage Patch slumber party. I am sitting on the end of a long line of 7 year old girls holding their Cabbage Patch Dolls. I am the only one without a Cabbage Patch doll, but Teddy represented the classic loved toys that those brats threw aside for a doll that came with a birth certificate. That was the same party where I woke up in the middle of the night with vomit in my hair and in my Little House on the Prarie sleeping bag. But I digress......
Finn called me in to his room tonight after he had been "lights out" for about half an hour. The real reason he called me in was because he had boogers on his fingers and he wanted to wash his hands. So, after some soap and water, I put him back in bed and he noticed the arrangement of his toys on the floor next to his bed. See photo below.


He asked me to "move his helicopter so that the train doesn't crash it tonight."

So I moved it like this.


Then he said, "No, now my truck won't be able to back up."

This is how we left things arranged so that all his vehicles could drive around while he was asleep, all construction with the diggers could continue on schedule, and the rescue helicopter would be ready in case one of the Lego People fell off the shelf in the middle of the night.


Then, since we were up late taking photos, he wanted to take a self portrait.


No comments: