Friday, July 3, 2009

A New Theory of Creation

Our Deep Thinker, Niamh, wanted to know how the Earth got water. Steve and I asked her what she meant. She said that someone told her God put water on Earth but she wanted to know how that was done and how there are so many trees.
I told her that some people believe that a God created water and everything else on Earth, including poeple. Other people believe more in science. I gave her a quickie lesson (all I could remember and google on my iphone quickly) on The Big Bang Theory and how seeds get dispersed with wind and animals and people. I told her what her daddy and I believe, and I said she could believe whatever she wants.
She said she believes that God waves a magic wand and says "I want a tree there." Then, he points his wand and a tree appears.
We are going to submit this theory to the Professors at UW as the "Fairy Godmother Theory of Creation."

No comments: