Friday, September 4, 2009

I Can't Believe I Almost Forgot This One

Niamh and I were having another intellectual conversation about Evolution. I don't know why, but this is a hot topic with her recently. She wanted to know how the first person got on Earth. I told her that we used to be monkeys lots and lots of years ago, and over time we turned in to humans, but we are still related to monkeys. Of course, I knew this would somehow come up again at the wrong time. Luckily, we were in the car when she started pointing at a very unattractive, still evolving, woman on the street and started commenting about how she still looks a lot like a monkey! We could have been out at the mall when we spotted the monkey woman and started pointing at her. That would have been embarrassing.


No comments: