Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pee Pees Don’t Have Bones

Finn was looking at the skeleton of the body in a book that our friends Meg and Hadley gave Niamh for Finn’s birthday. Yes, you read that right. Meg is the kind of person who buys gifts for both kids when the invitation says No Gifts.

Finn pointed to the coccyx and said There’s the pee pee. I told him that the pee pee isn’t on the skeleton because it isn’t a bone and skeletons are just our bones.

Finns reply: Oh yeah, pee pees don’t have bones because they’re just wiggly. Now show me where you make poop.

015  014 013

We also went over where pee is made, how your voice works, how you make blood, the basic principals behind ECMO, and the latest updates to the CRRT Protocol and the MRSA Isolation and Decolonization Policy.

I then asked him if he want to be a Doctor or Nurse, like me.

He said he wants to work with me but he really wants to fly a fast airplane or collect garbage. There is just something about driving that big truck with the motorized scoop that makes him dream big.

4 comments:

malia said...

Can Finn be one of my friends? Or could you just put a microphone on him for a day and let us listen? He cracks me up and I can't get enough of his goofy faces. He is going to hate those and Niamh is going to love those someday :)

Anonymous said...

He is so funny! I miss the lil booger and his sister...

I love that he laid on the skeleton...

Meg said...

OH I LOVE THIS! Glad they are playing with their body book, tell their mom to loosen up a little and let kids have presents...what's the point of a birthday afterall:). I hope you talked to him about the updated MRSA policy. Maybe he could work in CS, him and Mike would get along great!

Maria said...

HA HA HA!